1. Introduction: Welcome and thank you for using the OpenReading, Inc. (“OPEN READING”) websites and/or apps.
Student Profiles are accounts specific to Students that contain data related to their use of the Services including progress data and Student user generated content.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org concerning anything you do not understand.
4. Information You Provide to OPEN READING: A User or Student may make personal data available to OPEN READING such as, for example: (i) when a User subscribes to a newsletter or alerts through the Service; (ii) when a User contributes User-generated content to the Service or participates in any support forums, community blogs or the like that OPEN READING may establish; (iii) when a User requests technical support; or (iv) otherwise through use of the OPEN READING Service where personal data is required for use and/or participation. The types of personal data collected may vary depending on the type of user (an adult User or a child Student) and the activity the user is engaged in.
5. Other Information OPEN READING Collects and Uses: OPEN READING may use tools or restricted third party analytical software to automatically collect and use certain data including, but not limited to: (i) device properties, including, but not limited to IP address, Media Access Control (“MAC”) address and unique device identifier or other persistent or non-persistent device identifier (“Device ID”); (ii) device software platform and firmware; (iii) mobile phone carrier; (iv) game progress, time used playing, score and achievements; (v) other non-personal data as reasonably required by OPEN READING to enhance the Service and other OPEN READING products and services.
- To operate, maintain, deliver, and communicate with you about information, content, and promotional offerings found on the Service;
- To monitor the effectiveness of OPEN READING content;
- To aggregate usage metrics;
- To understand usage trends and preferences;
- To improve the way the Services work and look;
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- To provide you with a personalized experience on the Services (such as recognizing your system so that you will not have to re-enter information during your current or future use of OPEN READING Services);
- To provide you with customized Site preferences;
- To create new features and functionality;
- For customer service purposes, including billing, where applicable;
- To personalize the learning experience of the Student;
- For volunteers: to collect and process your anonymous feedback.
- Share publicly information provided by adult Users on support forums, community blogs or the like.
OPEN READING may disclose personal and non-personal data to its partners and contractors for purposes of analyzing usage of the Service, providing customer and technical support, managing and providing the Service (including managing advertisement serving, where and how permitted by law), customizing OPEN READING’s communications, and to further develop the Service and other OPEN READING services and products. When OPEN READING shares this information, it is with vendors and other service providers who are engaged by or working with OPEN READING in connection with the operation of the services OPEN READING provides to the User and/or for analytics purposes which may require the reproduction and display of such information in an aggregated and anonymized manner such that will not in any way identify the User.
OPEN READING may use a parent’s personal data provided in the parent section to send messages to the parent with informative and/or commercial content about OPEN READING’s services or third party products and services OPEN READING thinks may be of interest to the User, such as new features and services, special offers and updated information. In addition, if a User has agreed to receive push notifications, and appropriate consent to receive them has been given, OPEN READING will use the data collected and share it with its vendors for the purpose of delivering approved push notifications.
If a User contacts OPEN READING by email, OPEN READING will use the personally identifiable email address information only to respond to the specific inquiry.
The Service may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags, locally shared objects, clear GIFs and web beacons. OPEN READING treats information collected by cookies and similar technologies as non-personal data.
Cookies: A “cookie” is a small bit of record-keeping information that websites often store on a user’s computer. OPEN READING’s cookies do not include personal data and are typically used to quickly identify a User’s device and to “remember” the User. Users can disable cookies or set their browsers to alert them when cookies are being sent to their device; however, disabling cookies may affect their ability to use the Service.
Web Beacons and pixel tags: A “web beacon” or a “pixel tag” is an electronic image that allows OPEN READING to count Users who have visited certain pages or viewed certain advertisements. Web beacons, like cookies, do not include personal data. E-mails and other electronic communications OPEN READING sends to a User may contain pixel tags that enable OPEN READING to track a User’s usage of the communication, including whether the communication was opened and/or what links were followed, if any.
OPEN READING may disclose a User’s personal data to third parties as required by law enforcement or other government officials in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose a User or OPEN READING to legal liability. OPEN READING may also disclose a User’s personal data to third parties when OPEN READING has a reason to believe that a disclosure is necessary to address potential or actual injury or interference with OPEN READING’s rights, property, operations, Users or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage, or OPEN READING believes that such disclosure is necessary to protect OPEN READING’s rights, combat fraud and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on OPEN READING. To the extent permitted by applicable law, OPEN READING will make reasonable efforts to notify affected Users of such disclosure through OPEN READING’s website or in another reasonable manner.
When a parent, educator, or volunteer discloses data about him or herself in the course of contributing user-generated content or participating in support forums, community blogs or the like, the information disclosed is public information, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality. OPEN READING is not responsible for any personal data a User makes public in any of these forums.
7. Further Information: Users that wish to opt out from receiving communications (such as any newsletters or offers) from OPEN READING should contact email@example.com.
OPEN READING makes good-faith efforts to enable Users to review, update or correct any personal data in OPEN READING’s possession. Users should contact OPEN READING at firstname.lastname@example.org. OPEN READING will need sufficient information from the User to establish the User’s identity, verify the User’s access, and assist in handling the User’s request. Even if personal data is changed or deleted according to a User request, OPEN READING may still retain some User personal data to resolve disputes, enforce OPEN READING user agreement(s), and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the integrity, security and operation of OPEN READING Services.
Notice to California Residents:
235 Lakewood Rd,
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
This website does not track your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or mobile apps. Because we do not employ tracking technology, we offer no response to “Do Not Track” requests transmitted by Web browsers.
8. Third Party Terms and Conditions: A User’s access to and use of the Service may be subject to certain third-party terms and conditions and privacy policies, including but not limited to application stores, mobile software platforms, on-line gaming platforms, social networking services and payment providers. OPEN READING is not liable for any such third party terms and conditions and their use of Users’ personal data.
OPEN READING may in its discretion make available links to enable Users to access third-party products or services. OPEN READING is not responsible for the actions of such third parties, the content of their products or services, the use of information a User provides to them, or any products or services they may offer. OPEN READING’s linking to those products or services does not constitute its sponsorship of, or affiliation with, such third parties.
During the account creation process, you may be asked to select a password (“Login Information”). The following rules govern the security of your Login Information:
- You shall not share the account or the Login Information, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account;
- In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of the Login Information, you must immediately notify OPEN READING and modify your Login Information;
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information; and
- You are responsible for anything that happens through your account.
OPEN READING reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to claims by a third party that a username violates such third party’s rights.
11. For all inquires related to privacy concerns not specifically addressed in this document, including requests for information collected, changes or deletion of information please contact us at any of the following:
Open Reading Ombudsman
235 Lakewood Rd,
Walnut Creek, CA 94598